Disneyland Now Warns Guests Against Standing Up on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure with Signs and Announcement
Disneyland Now Warns Guests Against Standing Up on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure with Signs and Announcement

Madison E. Goldberg, Marissa G. MullerWed, August 19, 2026 at 11:32 PM UTC
0

Princess Tiana this summer as Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens in Magic Kingdom Park on June 28Credit: Olga Thompson/Disney -
New signs installed near Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Disneyland warn guests they will be removed from the park if they stand during the ride, PEOPLE confirms.
The signage follows a June incident during which a 13-year-old boy was hospitalized after exiting the attraction mid-ride
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, based on The Princess and the Frog, replaced Splash Mountain at Disneyland in 2024
New signs have been spotted around Disneyland’s Tiana’s Bayou Adventure ride asking guests to remain seated at all times during the ride or risk being removed from the theme park, PEOPLE confirms.
Matthew Desmond, who runs the popular @DisneyScoopGuy account on X, shared photos of the signs on Tuesday, Aug. 18, noting that they were similar to signage that had previously been installed near the ride.
“Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Disneyland has added 12 new signs around the attraction, mostly in the queues, to warn guests that if they stand up during the ride they ‘will’ be removed from the park,” Desmond captioned the post. “This clarifies language from earlier signs which said they “may” be removed from the park.”
“Attention: Those who are made uncomfortable by enclosed dark spaces and loud noises should not ride. Remain seated at all times. Failure to stay seated will result in removal from the park,” one sign shared by Desmond read.
Another sign warns of the 50-foot drop on the ride, repeating the requirement to remain seated and the warning about removal. A third sign indicates “high speeds, heights, sudden drops, and stops” and describes the ride as “a turbulent flume ride.”
The ride also plays an announcement warning guests that failure to keep hands and arms inside the vehicle will result in removal from the park, as the ride ascends to the large drop, PEOPLE confirms.
When reached for comment, a Disneyland spokesperson told PEOPLE that installation of the signs began this week, along with other measures the park is evaluating to enforce its safety rules.
Advertisement
The signage was added nearly two months after a 13-year-old boy exited the ride vehicle while it was in motion on June 21, prompting a cast member to abruptly pause the attraction so that the boy could be taken to a hospital and evaluated, park officials previously told PEOPLE.
The boy’s injuries were reportedly minor, per Disneyland officials. The Anaheim Fire Department also responded to the incident.
Several people who claimed to have witnessed the incident shared on Reddit that they allegedly saw the boy slide down the ride’s big final drop outside of the vehicle. According to the Disneyland website, the attraction concludes with a 50-foot hill.
— sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
The attraction was inspected the following morning by officials with the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health, which approved it to reopen, according to Disneyland Resort officials.
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is based on Disney’s 2009 animated film The Princess and the Frog. The attraction opened at Disneyland in November 2024, replacing Splash Mountain, which closed in May 2023.
on People
Source: “AOL Entertainment”