Perez Hilton ‘Remains Hospitalized’ Nearly 2 Weeks After He Appeared to Self-Harm During Livestream, Family Says
Perez Hilton ‘Remains Hospitalized’ Nearly 2 Weeks After He Appeared to Self-Harm During Livestream, Family Says

Escher Walcott, Luke ChinmanMon, August 17, 2026 at 9:47 AM UTC
4

Perez Hilton, November 2025Credit: David Becker/Getty -
Perez Hilton remains hospitalized after appearing to self-harm during a TikTok livestream earlier this month
His family said in an Aug. 17 update that he is receiving inpatient care and his website will resume publishing with help from his team
Hilton’s mother has filed for temporary custody of Hilton’s three children following the incident
Perez Hilton “remains hospitalized” nearly two weeks after he appeared to self-harm on TikTok Live, his family has shared in an update.
In a message posted on Hilton’s website on Monday, Aug. 17, the family said that the 48-year-old internet personality continues to receive inpatient medical care following the Aug. 4 incident.
“To everyone who has reached out, checked in, and kept Perez and our family in your thoughts, THANK YOU!” the message read. “At this time, Perez remains hospitalized and is receiving the medical care he needs. His treatment is continuing in an inpatient setting under the care of a dedicated team of medical and mental health professionals.”

Perez HiltonCredit: Jesse Grant/Getty
Hilton was hospitalized on Aug. 4 after he appeared to self-harm and was seen covered in blood during a TikTok livestream from his Miami home. Authorities treated Hilton for lacerations and an overdose before he was hospitalized under Florida’s Baker Act, a state law that allows authorities to hold someone involuntarily for a period of time if they pose a threat of harm to themselves or others.
During the incident, Hilton, whose legal name is Mario Armando Lavandeira Jr., experienced “significant blood loss” and “additional injuries,” requiring surgery, his family said in a statement on Aug. 8. His TikTok account was banned as a result of the livestream.
Hilton’s family said in their latest update that his team “will begin publishing again” on his website as he continues his recovery.
“Perez built PerezHilton.com more than 20 years ago, and it has remained one of the most important parts of his life ever since. Starting this week, his team will begin publishing again, focusing on the day’s biggest stories,” they said. “Whether you have followed Perez from the beginning or only recently started reading, we hope you will continue visiting, reading, and sharing the site.”
“We deeply appreciate your support while Perez focuses on his health and recovery. For now, Perez’s health remains the priority as his team keeps the site active and moving forward,” the family concluded.
Advertisement

Perez Hilton, April 2022Credit: Stefanie Keenan/Getty
Hilton was treated for “multiple lacerations and an overdose” before he was taken to a local hospital after the incident, according to the Miami-Dade County Sheriff’s Office incident report obtained by PEOPLE.
Per the report, Hilton’s sister, Barbara Lavandeira, contacted authorities after she discovered him harming himself. She fled the home with the blogger’s three children after finding him unclothed and “covered in blood” inside his bathroom. Hilton then left his home, still unclothed and covered in blood, and began “banging on the vehicle’s driver window.”
Hilton then reentered his home and locked the front door. Several officers and family members eventually brought him to the living room, and he was treated and sent to the hospital. Lavandeira told authorities that Hilton had been “suicidal” the week before his livestream and that their family had taken him to get treatment, the report adds.
Hilton is a father to children Mario, 13, Mia, 11, and Mayte, 8, all of whom live with his mother in Miami, where they moved to be closer to family earlier this year. Hilton’s children, niece and sister were home minutes before his livestream, and when it became apparent that he was “experiencing a severe mental health crisis and harming himself,” they “immediately fled” the property, his family previously shared.
Three days after his livestream, Hilton’s mother, Teresita Lavandeira, filed for temporary custody of his children. Her attorney told PEOPLE in a statement that the family’s concern and object was to “protect the children and make sure they are safe.”
— sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
Representatives for Hilton shared in a statement on Wednesday, Aug. 5 that they did not “have any additional confirmed information to share regarding Perez Hilton’s condition” and have not commented further in the days since.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health challenges, emotional distress, substance use problems, or just needs to talk, call or text 988, or chat at 988lifeline.org 24/7.
on People
Source: “AOL Entertainment”